Soil-Based Probiotic is a powerful, hypoallergenic blend of genetically certified Bacillus coagulans and B. subtilis species formulated to provide unique probiotic support of healthy gastrointestinal and immune function.†
- Soil-Based Probiotic is recommended for enhanced support of normal GI and immune function.†
- Supports a healthy and balanced microbiota.†
- It is certified free of casein, gluten, and soy.
- Soil-Based Probiotic does not require refrigeration.
- Increase the health and diversity of your gut’s bacterial community.
- Fight pathogens (harmful bugs) and their toxins.
- Reduce gut inflammation and leaky gut.
- Promotes a healthy immune response
- Take 2 capsules, 1-2 times per day
- As part of a gut healing program.
- For ongoing health maintenance.
- High-potency formula.
- Lab-certified probiotic strains and potency
- Free of: wheat, gluten, soy, milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts and peanuts.
- Contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
Why Dr. Ruscio Recommends it
- A growing body of research shows that probiotic supplementation leads to clinically meaningful improvements in a host of conditions, with benefits beyond the gut.
- Probiotics work across a range of conditions because a healthy gut is foundational for your overall health.
- Imbalances in gut bacteria are common. This creates a hyper-reactive immune system thus inflammatory conditions. Probiotics may help attenuate this inflammatory-immune response.
- This is a newer type of probiotic which may help replace the lack of contact we have with dirt and natural environments.
- Not all probiotics are created equal, many do not contain what their labels claim. Independent lab testing validates the strains and potency of our probiotics.
What the Research Shows
Bacilli species make residence in the microbiome. 
These class of probiotics help to nudge the ecosystem in a healthier direction:
For example, consumption of B. coagulans was shown to increase beneficial groups of bacteria in the gut and production of anti-inflammatory cytokines. 
These studies also showed improvements for:
What About SIBO? Data from 18 clinical trials were summarized in a meta-analysis, which concluded that probiotics are an effective treatment for SIBO [16 ]. Specifically:
Probiotics reduce bacterial overgrowths in SIBO patients
Probiotics reduce hydrogen concentrations in SIBO patients
SIBO patients who take probiotics experience symptom improvement
SIBO patients who take probiotics experience marked reductions in abdominal pain
I use Dr. Ruscio's 3 probiotics every day!
—Melissa Hartwig Urban
International Best Selling Author of the Whole 30
How to Use it
As part of a gut healing program
Probiotics are a must for any gut healing program. Clinical trials show that people with a wide range of symptoms can modulate their microbiome and improve their health with probiotic supplements.
For daily health maintenance
Maintaining a healthy gut microbiome is a smart way to boost your overall health maintenance plan. Soil-Based probiotics are well-researched and safe for daily use.
Take with or without food
Take 1-2 capsules, 1-2 times per day. Can be taken with or without food, at any time of the day. Many people take them with water in the morning or at bedtime. Simple take probiotics whatever way is easiest for you.
- 2 Strain
- 3 Strain
- 2 Strain Claims
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is better, probiotic supplements or probiotic foods?
Diet can be a great source of probiotics if you are eating a lot of cultured and fermented foods. A challenge with diet is that it is difficult to obtain the same dose used in the research studies. Consider adding probiotic supplementation to your diet for optimal results.
Are probiotics safe for children?
Researchers have found that probiotics are safe and have health benefits for pregnant moms, infants and kids.
Should I take probiotics with or without food?
Probiotics can be taken with or without food. Do what’s easiest for you.
Can probiotics improve my mood?
Clinical trials have documented improvements in depression and anxiety after probiotic supplementation.
Can probiotics help me sleep better?
Several studies show that probiotics can help with sleep quality. In one study, medical students found that probiotics helped them sleep during times of exam stress. In other studies, probiotics have helped patients with IBS and depression to sleep better.
Can probiotics help with female hormone function?
Preliminary evidence shows that when bacterial diversity in the gut increases, health conditions associated with female hormone imbalance improve. Probiotics have been shown to improve inflammatory and hormonal markers in women with PCOS.
In my clinic, patients with female hormone conditions have very good results when prescribed probiotics and an herbal blend to balance female hormones.
Can probiotics help with weight loss?
While the research connection between probiotics and weight loss is not strong, evidence suggests a connection between certain types of bacteria overgrowth in SIBO and obesity.
Can probiotics help with brain fog?
Brain fog isn’t usually studied in isolation but we can make some inferences from other studies where probiotics have improved cognition. This includes probiotics improving cognitive function for patients with Alzheimer’s, bi-polar disorder and fibromyalgia.
Can probiotics help with allergies?
A systematic review of 15 clinical trials found that probiotics can improve dairy tolerance. Another meta-analysis of 22 randomized control trials concluded that probiotics can improve seasonal allergy.
There is also data, albeit mixed, suggesting that probiotics given to children may prevent or reduce formation of allergy.
Can probiotics help with thyroid function?
One study found participants who took a probiotic required less thyroid hormone replacement medication.
Recent research shows that gut infections like SIBO and H. Pylori are strongly associated with hypothyroidism. Probiotics can combat both SIBO and H. Pylori.
Are soil based probiotics safe?
We make sure that any product we sell are well researched and safe for use. Soil Based Probiotics are backed by over 20 clinical trials, and if you want to learn more, check out our comprehensive probiotics guide here.
How to choose which formulation is right for you:
For some people, starting with less strains is easier when introducing a new class of probiotics. Also, some may find relief from introducing just 2-strains of soil-based probiotics.
If you are familiar with soil-based probiotics and want to use a more robust array of strains, our 3-strain formulation is a great choice as well.
Both products contain verifiable strains with clinical efficacy.