Soil-Based Probiotic is a powerful, hypoallergenic blend of genetically certified Bacillus coagulans and B. subtilis species formulated to provide unique probiotic support of healthy gastrointestinal and immune function.†
- Soil-Based Probiotic is recommended for enhanced support of normal GI and immune function.†
- It is certified free of casein, gluten, and soy.
- Soil-Based Probiotic does not require refrigeration.
- 1 capsule daily with food or as directed by a healthcare professional.
- Each capsule of Soil-Based Probiotic supplies a total of 2 billion CFUs of B. coagulans and B. subtilis spores positively identified through independent 16S ribosomal RNA gene sequencing.
- The spores are resistant to extremes of heat, ultraviolet radiation, solvents, hydrogen peroxide, and enzymes.
- The spores withstand stomach acid and germinate in the small intestine within 6 hours of ingestion.
- Ingested B. coagulans and B. subtilis reside in the human GI tract for up to 7 days following consumption.
What the Research Shows
Spore-forming bacilli have often been referred to as soil-based microorganisms because of their ubiquitous presence in the earth. When isolated from the human GI tract, spore-forming bacilli have long been thought to be transient bacteria. However, current research shows that Bacillus species are present in the GI tract in numbers higher than can be explained by ingestion alone. Germination of Bacillus spores within the human small intestine and transient colonization is now thought to be part of the normal life cycle of human-associated Bacillus species providing specific stimuli for healthy GI and immune system development and function.
- 2 Strain
- 3 Strain